In This Series
- A Miracle Performed… A Murder Planned
- A Portrait of Genuine Faith
- “Learning from the Master” Part 3
- “Learning from the Master” Part 2
- “Learning from the Master” Part 1
- Life’s Crucial Issue
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- The New Birth
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The First Miracle
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Who is Jesus?
The Book of John (14)
Sunday, January 19, 2020
He Must Increase… What About You?
Take Away / Application
Genuine humility can be found when we grasp that Jesus must increase and we must decrease.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 3:22–30 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Humility. Jealousy. Pride. In what ways have these three words influenced or impacted your life?
- Do you live your life looking to Jesus, caring about what He thinks, or are you thrown off by other people and what they think? Read Galatians 1:10.
- Read Philippians 1:20. Do you have a growing desire for Jesus to be magnified in your life? How can you organize your schedule, time and actions to make Him a priority?
- Our notes say, “the only ideal place is where God puts us.” Easy or tough, do you see your current situation or circumstance as an opportunity to shine for Jesus. If not, what needs to change in you?
- Read Romans 12:3. Do you have a clear view of who you are? Why or why not?
- Read John 15:5. How can this verse become a humble reality in your life?
- What needs to change in your life, for you to really say that you are decreasing and Jesus is increasing?
- Watch this “I Am Second” video about Pete Brisco’s decision to make Jesus number one in his life so that he could be second. Pray that God would do whatever is necessary to make you second in life.
Commit to or stay consistent with your time in prayer and reading God’s Word. Make it a daily discipline.