In This Series
Sunday, April 17, 2022
He Is Risen… Just As He Said!
The tomb is empty! And it’s important we understand why this is a big deal… the biggest deal!
Easter Sunday is the Sunday of all Sundays… because on this morning all those years ago, the angel spoke the message at the tomb where the stone had been rolled away: “Jesus Is Alive… Just as He Said!”Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Pastor mentioned God is all-powerful (Job 42:2). He talked about the power of God in creation, review those truths and discuss others that you can think of as well.
- 1 Peter 3:15 tells us that we should be prepared to give a defense to everyone who asks us for the hope that we have (our faith). Why would the Bible include such a command?
- During his message, Pastor touched on several pieces of evidence behind the resurrection of Jesus. These included the empty tomb, the grave clothes, and the change in the disciples’ lives. How do these truths help strengthen your faith? How can they help you “give a defense” to others who may not believe? Are there other pieces of evidence that have helped strengthen your faith that you can share with your group?
- What does the resurrection of Jesus prove to us? How does this event impact us today?
- We learned about the dramatic change in the disciples following the resurrection of Jesus and how it clearly proves their belief that Jesus was truly alive. They completely changed from cowards hiding out in a room into confident crusaders who were willing to be martyred for the truth that they preached. Seeing how the disciples’ lives were altered, do you feel that your life has been changed in such a way? Are your convictions as strong and as assured as theirs were?
- Read John 20:1–8. Scripture describes three times how Simon Peter and John “saw” the undisturbed grave clothes at the empty tomb. The first time was nothing more than sight, the second time was viewing them with attention, and the third time was viewing them with understanding that Jesus had risen! Reflect on your own walk with God. Are there times in your life or with specific topics, that you need God to show you Truth more than once before you believe? If so, why do you think that is? How can you practice trusting in the promises of God?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.