In This Series
- Love and Joy
- The Holy Spirit
Fruit Of The Spirit (9)
Sunday, August 11, 2019
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
Take Away / Application
In living out goodness, there are certain things I am to do, and there are certain things I should not do.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How would you define goodness?
- When have you been filled with goodness the most?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. Discuss the following comments as they relate to a Christian: You are either changed or unchanged. If there’s no change, there’s no Christ.
- Describe some of the changes in you, from your old life before Christ, to what it is today.
- Think of the rope illustration from the message, how many of your decisions or actions are made with an eternal purpose in mind?
- What blocks goodness from working and being exhibited in me?
- How can you make Ephesians 5:8–10 work in you, even through times of waiting, uncertainty, stress, and confusion, even when people are rude and evil to you?
- Who are the Godliest people in your life? What similarities does your life have with theirs? What does it lack?
- Is there anything you need to stop doing immediately that’s pushing you away from Jesus? If comfortable, ask a group member to help keep you accountable.