Sunday, September 06, 2020
Get in the Game
Whether you realize it or not, you’re in a race… the race of life. And life has thrown some difficult things our way lately. How you run this race matters!
The Apostle Paul spoke often about the race of life and how we’re to run. In this series, we’ll look at key questions like, “Am I running well?”, “How do I run well?”, and, “What helps me run well?” Exploring the answers to these questions will equip you to navigate the current climate and run the race of life better than ever!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
To run well for Jesus, we must get in the game and run how Paul instructs in 1 Corinthians 9:24–27.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- Read 1 Corinthians 9:24–27. Why is it important to view our time on this earth as the apostle Paul describes in these verses? Do you think about your life in this way?
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:11–14, 2 Corinthians 5:10. How much thought do you give to the day you’ll give an account to Jesus for your life? How could thinking about that moment change how you live presently?
- Review 1 Corinthians 9:24–27. We talked about running to win, self-control, with clarity, ready for battle, and with discipline. Which of these is easiest for you? Which is the hardest? Explain why?
- How can running with the finish line in mind help you run with a winning mindset?
- Regarding self-control, what tends to control you more than you control it? (Worry, approval, money, materialism, people-pleasing, gossip, lust, etc.)
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it providing clarity or certainty in your daily life?
- Do you view life through spiritual eyes? How does understanding there’s a spiritual battle benefit and change you?
- How is your spiritual discipline? (Obeying God’s Word, prayer, gathering at church, serving, sharing the Gospel, etc.) If it’s going well, how can you begin to build into someone else?
- Share with the group one way God is asking you to improve how you run this week? Pray and keep one another accountable to this.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.