Sunday, July 11, 2021
We consume every day… binging on shows, listening to podcast after podcast, apps on our phones, endless videos, never-ending social media posts. We are constantly filling up with things.
And what we fill up with matters; it affects us. What we consume impacts every area of our lives.
With so much to choose from, what’s the best thing to fill up with?
Over this two-part series, we’ll answer these questions and more. The result can lead to abundant life as individuals and as a church!Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
What I consume will affect my life, my relationship with Jesus, and my relationship with others. I must daily fill up with fresh oil that comes from Jesus alone.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What comes to mind when you read the Key Statement in your notes, “What I consume will affect my life, my relationship with Jesus, and my relationship with others.” Share.
- Read Exodus 25:2. Have you experienced holding onto something that God wanted you to offer up? What does it look like to be a willing participant in your relationship with Jesus? Why is it important for God to have our hearts?
- How did the four words, “oil for the light” impact or challenge you?
- Read Philippians 2:14–15 and Ephesians 5:8. What does it look like to be a light for Jesus on a day-to-day basis? What struggles do you find in being a light for Jesus?
- Take a quick inventory of what you filled up with over the past five days. Yes, life is filled with work, school, parenting, responsibilities, etc. What does filling up with Jesus look like? What obstacles get in the way of daily filling up with Jesus?
- Look in your notes at the bullet points under “Reflection and Challenge.” Do you struggle with any of these? Discuss as a group and talk about solutions to any areas of struggle.
- Who in your group can help keep you accountable to make sure you fill up with Jesus, oil for your light?
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life? If you need help in this area talk to a fellow group member.
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.