In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
Stand-Alone Sermons (41)
Sunday, June 02, 2019
Take Away / Application
The distinguishing characteristics we’re to model from the early church are:
- Reaching people for Jesus.
- Carrying out genuine worship.
- Making God’s Word a priority.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Look up the definition of “exemplary.” Read 1 Corinthians 11:1. Share with the group one person who has impacted and influenced your life. How did that person move you closer toward Jesus
- Inside of the church, how have you, let a focus on the wrong thing lead us away from genuine worship? (Examples of wrong things may be: following a man instead of Jesus, holding onto a tradition or preference, making a ministry an idol, clinging to a style, etc.)
- One of the greatest enemies of worship is fear. Read Galatians 1:10. In what ways or area of worship does fear impact you?
- Read Titus 1:2 and 2 Timothy 3:16–17. Do you believe all of the Bible is true? Do you believe the Bible is without error? If yes, how would you explain/talk with someone who doesn’t?
- How do you receive the Word of God? What happens when you’re confronted with something from the Bible that you don’t like or agree with?
- Read James 1:22. What steps do you take to move beyond just being a hearer of the Word to become a doer of the Word?
- Read Romans 10:13–14. According to the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19–20 all have been sent. Therefore, as Christians, we know that reaching people for Jesus is a mandate. So why don’t we do it?
- What did God reveal to you, about you, in the message today?
Many churches around the nation are praying for our President today. Regardless of your approval, disapproval, political affiliation or feelings; the Bible says in 1 Timothy 2:1–3…
“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,”
Please take time to pray for the President, our nation and all our government’s leaders.