Sunday, February 13, 2022
EVERY Christian’s Life
When you accepted Christ as your Savior, that was never intended to be the end. We have to live the rest of our life. And our lives are going to take very different paths… schooling, careers, family life… no two are exactly the same.
But the reality for every believer is, our God is calling each and every one of us to live lives that are exactly the same. Wholly devoted to Him. It’s the call He gives for “Every Christian’s Life”.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How did the Lord speak to you through the message this week? What is your call to action as a result?
- Read 1 John 2:12–14. We weren’t meant to stay in the same spiritual position we were in when we were first saved… God wants to grow us. What are some things that have set you back from maturing in Christ? How did you overcome those things? Is there anything holding you back today?
- Pastor said that if we are saved, Satan wants to keep us defeated and discouraged. What can you do as a believer to be “transformed” against Satan’s attack on your life? Discuss.
- Read 2 Corinthians 3:18. Pastor said, “When the child of God, gets into the Word of God, the Spirit of God transforms him into the likeness of His son.” How have you seen God’s transforming power in your own life?
- “It’s not how often you get in the Word of God that matters. It’s how often the Word of God gets into you.” How does this quote line up with 2 Peter 1:5 where God calls us to add virtue (righteous living) to our faith, even before knowledge?
- Read Romans 12:1. We learned that the word “beseech” comes from the Greek word “parakaleo.” It was used by military leaders when they would call soldiers into action. Have you ever thought of yourself as a soldier for Christ? If not, how does this change your outlook on the Christian life and what it entails? What would you need to change in order to live this way?
- Romans 12:1 says “I beseech you THEREFORE”. Therefore… What’s that word there for? This is the first commandment that Paul gives in His letter to the Romans and it took twelve chapters to get there! How do Paul’s words, “by the mercies of God” (pointing to the first eleven chapters) impact your view of the command given in Romans 12:1?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.