In This Series
- A Miracle Performed… A Murder Planned
- A Portrait of Genuine Faith
- “Learning from the Master” Part 3
- “Learning from the Master” Part 2
- “Learning from the Master” Part 1
- Life’s Crucial Issue
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- The New Birth
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The First Miracle
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Who is Jesus?
The Book of John (14)
Sunday, October 27, 2019
Different Approaches… Same Results
Take Away / Application
There is absolutely no such thing as following Christ unless you make His life the purpose in your life! It’s not “what”, but “who” are you living for?Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 1:35–51 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- In your notes, review the three things necessary to be effective in reaching others for Jesus. Personally, which of the three do you struggle with the most or needs improving? Was there a person in your life that exhibited these characteristics and influenced your decision to follow Jesus? Share.
- Read John 1:38. In your relationship with and following of Jesus, what do you seek? Pause before responding, examine yourself, then answer.
- What are some practical ways we can bring people to Jesus? How can you live one of those ways out this week?
- Jesus is looking for true Christ-followers to abandon our ways and follow His. Why is this hard for us? In light of what Jesus has done for us, should this be difficult? Is there anything you’re holding onto and not abandoning for Jesus?
- Practically discuss ways we can reach people for Jesus: Scripturally, clearly, seeing people as who they can be, and realizing anyone can come to Christ. (Find Scripture together, write out Romans Road, act out how you would share the Gospel with a non-Christ follower, etc.)
- Jesus saw people as people, not projects. How can your group, together or individually reach someone for Jesus this week?
In your place of work, study or leisure; put your physically Bible on display and see what conversations the Lord allows you to have. Remember, be ready to give an answer for your faith, do so with grace and truth, but do so with gentleness.