In This Series
- THE, Part 2
- THE, Part 1
- HE ROSE...YOU CHOSE!
- When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (37)
Sunday, November 22, 2020
Clarifying the Confusion
It’s a definite that suffering is going to hit our lives at some point… and oftentimes more than once. Suffering hurts, it’s harsh, and it’s confusing. But this week, we’re Clarifying the Confusion…because when suffering hits, it’s up to us whether it makes us bitter or better. It all comes down to what we’re focusing on.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
God uses suffering to show His power, His purpose, and His promises.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Take time to discuss the two introductory statements in your notes and how they relate or don’t relate to your view of life’s circumstances.
- Do you ever struggle with knowing God can prevent suffering if He chooses to? How do the last two weeks help if you struggle in this area?
- Have you given thought to the fact that God’s promises and principles are the same for every Christian, but His plans may be different? How can this be freeing when facing suffering? Read John 21:18–22. What is Jesus’ simple command to us when facing different circumstances? (Hint: “Follow Me!”)
- How have you seen God reveal Himself during times of suffering in your life? When we look back on God revealing Himself through the storms of life, how can that give you confidence for difficult times ahead?
- “Testings come from God to bring out the best in us. Temptations come from Satan to bring about the worst in us.” How has God refined you through the testing of your faith?
- Has God ever brought you close to Him through tough times? Share.
- Do the circumstances of life tend to determine your faith or does your faith grow stronger through the circumstance of life?
- Read Matthew 14:22–33. When Peter took his eyes off of Jesus he began to sink. In light of life’s current circumstances, where do you need to focus your eyes back on Jesus? (Prayer, Serving, Reading Bible, Attending Church, Marriage, Friendship, Anger…)
- How can you begin to leverage the struggles of 2020 to glorify God and bring others closer to Him?
Prayer or Action Step
- Faith grows through the Word of God. What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.