In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
Stand-Alone Sermons (47)
Sunday, February 03, 2019
Can God Use You?
Through the account of Gideon in Judges 6–7 we see and learn that God has the ability and desire to use anyone that is willing to be used by Him. God loves you and wants to use you right where you’re at. However, in order to be used to your maximum capabilities, there are some things our life must exhibit. In this message, we examine four key qualities in being used by God.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Courage, commitment, confidence, and compliance are key qualities in being used by God.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- The object of a Christian’s faith is Jesus. In your daily life, many things call for your attention. What distracts you the most from Jesus?
- Of the four “must haves” discussed in the message, which are you strongest in? Which do you need the most improvement with?
- The Bible is not just what God DID say, it’s what He IS saying. Does the Bible, all of it, play a relevant, real and life-directing role in your life? Why or why not?
- Read 1 Peter 5:8. Pastor Harrell said, “The devil puts scarecrows right in the middle of where God wants us to be.” Are there any scarecrows in your life? Share.
- Of the two dangers we face, what is the primary cause of our lack of commitment? Is our focus on our enemy or in our relationship with God? (Do we overestimate our enemy or underestimate God? Do we underestimate our enemy or do we not trust in God?)
- When it comes to compliance and obeying God’s Word, are you picking and choosing what works for you, or are you truly following all that God says?
- Why is it dangerous to pick and choose what to obey from God’s Word? When we pick and choose from the Bible, who’s truly in charge, God or you?
- God has the ability to use you. Do you believe that today? Are there any lies you’ve allowed to creep into your life and cause you to be ineffective for God?
- Pastor Harrell said, “Little things enable you to do big things.” What is one small step you need to take to allow God to use you?
How would God use your Group this month to care for or reach out to those in need? Pray for this opportunity, plan it out and see it through.