In This Series
- ALL IN
- Why, God?
- Whatever It Takes
- Transgender Movement – How should we respond?
- What Is Happening To Our Nation?
- The Other Side
- Trusting Our Melchizedekian Priest
- Only The Thirsty Will Drink
- Lost & Found
- The Greatest Investment
- When You’re Tempted to Worry
- The Heart of Christ
- Living On Mission
- When You Don’t Know What to Pray
- God at Work
- What If?
- The Heart of A Servant
- Christmas Morning
- Intentional Gifts
- Only Jesus
- Obedience... No Matter What
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- The Most Strategic Years
- When Jesus Said “You Must!”
- When God Says “Go”
- How Big Is Your God?
- Developing a God-Given Burden for the Lost
- Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- When God Says “No”
- Each One… Reach One
- God With Us
- Finding Freedom
- Building a Legacy
- God Wants to Use YOU, Part 2
- God Wants to Use YOU
- One Woman’s Memorial
- A Tragic Ending
- An Indispensable Ingredient
- “They” Crucified Him
- Am I Willing?
- Another Touch
- Seven Days a Week
- Be Aware... and Prepared
- Do This in Remembrance of ME
- Boasting Permitted
- Living Intentionally
- The War of Wants
- A Goal for 2022
- Why the Virgin Birth Matters
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (57)
Sunday, June 19, 2022
Building a Legacy
Dads who parent God’s way are all about “Building a Legacy”. This never happens by accident… it happens when they choose to get intentional. It happens when parents realize that their kids need from them so much more than what a paycheck can provide. They need parents who are pouring into them today with eternity in mind.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Thinking through the 10 principles that Pastor Harrell discussed, which one did the Holy Spirit convict you of, if any?
- Be a father that meditates.
- Connect life with truth.
- Create an atmosphere of acceptance and unconditional love.
- Major on attitude, not actions.
- Emphasize character over career.
- Contribute to making your home their favorite place to be.
- Don’t divide between the secular and the sacred.
- Covenant with your child concerning their future spouse.
- Model authentic love between you and your wife.
- Force yourself to count the cost of losing it all.
- How did your parents do in leaving a legacy for you as it relates to these areas? When you think of the legacy that you’ll leave behind in this world, what does that look like for you? What do you want to leave behind for the next generation after you’re gone?
- How do you define the biblical role of a husband and father? Why do you think God designed them to be the leaders of their families? Scripturally, what does it look like to lead?
- Pastor said that mediating is different than reading the Bible. Read Joshua 1:8 and Psalm 119:11. What does Biblical meditation look like based on these verses? How is this different than the world’s definition of meditation?
- Pastor gave a great principle of connecting life’s circumstances with God’s truth. How have you leveraged God’s Word to speaking truth into the lives of others who you’ve ministered to (whether it be your family or others)?
- Sometimes how we say what we say impacts the outcome more than the words themselves. Read Proverbs 15:1. How have you seen this principle successfully applied in your marriage, parenting, and ministry? Is this area a challenge for you personally? If so, how can you improve and become the leader God has called you to be?
- It’s critical that our children see authentic love modeled between their parents. What would your children say about your marriage and the love you have for your spouse? Is this an area that needs to be improved? How can others in your life help?
- Daniel’s life is an excellent example to us of someone who was brought up in the truth. At a young age he was able to discern what was right and wrong even with his parents no longer around. As a parent, do you find yourself believing that your children are too young to be dedicated, faithful believers? What can you do to daily invest in them to help them hold fast to the truth of God’s word in all circumstances—both good and bad?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.