In This Series
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- The First Miracle
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The New Birth
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- Life’s Crucial Issue
The Book of John (9)
Sunday, October 06, 2019
Who is Jesus?
Take Away / Application
Jesus is eternally God. Jesus is equally God. Jesus is essentially God. Jesus is the Master Creator. Jesus is the giver of life.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 1:1–5 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Who is Jesus? How important is it that we get the answer to this question right? Does it truly matter what we believe about who Jesus is?
- How does your belief about Jesus affect the way you live your life?
- Read John 1:1. Who is the Word? Does John tell us specifically who he is speaking about with his use of the word “Word”? Read John 1:14, Read Hebrews 1:1–2.
- Read John 1:1, 1:14, 10:30, 14:9, and Colossians 1:15. Jesus is God in the flesh. Can John 1:1 be translated “the Word was a god”? Why would some people and some religious groups want to incorrectly translate verse 1?
- Read John 1:1-2 and Genesis 1:26. When you think of creation do your thoughts include Jesus as Creator? Why or why not? How does John 1:1’s statement about the Word, Jesus, being involved in creation help you understand and appreciate the creation account?
- Read John 1:3–4 and Colossians 1:16–17. You are alive today because of the Grace of Jesus Christ. How is John 10:10 displayed in your life?
- Read John 1:5. Describe how Jesus has been a light in your life. How are you or can you be a light to others? Matthew 5:14–16
Commit to memorizing John 1:1–5 this week. Use it as a constant reminder of God’s love for you knowing that this amazing “Word” [Jesus] came to give you life!