In This Series
- Developing a God-Given Burden for the Lost
- Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- When God Says “No”
- Each One… Reach One
- God With Us
- Finding Freedom
- Building a Legacy
- God Wants to Use YOU, Part 2
- God Wants to Use YOU
- One Woman’s Memorial
- A Tragic Ending
- An Indispensable Ingredient
- “They” Crucified Him
- Am I Willing?
- Another Touch
- Seven Days a Week
- Be Aware... and Prepared
- Do This in Remembrance of ME
- Boasting Permitted
- Living Intentionally
- The War of Wants
- A Goal for 2022
- Why the Virgin Birth Matters
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (31)
Sunday, February 06, 2022
Nobody likes a braggart… hearing someone brag about their accomplishments just rubs us the wrong way. But as believers, there’s one thing we can, and should boast about because it has nothing to do with any accomplishment of our own. Paul said it this way… “But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ…” When it comes to the cross, the rules change… when it comes to the cross, it’s “Boasting Permitted”.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What spoke to you most from this week’s message? What is God wanting you to apply as a result?
- Read Galatians 6:14. What are some of the things that you’ve boasted about in your life? How have you “boasted in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ?”
- Pastor laid out three things that we can talk about regarding the cross. Which of these three thoughts line up with you?
- The person on it
- The purpose accomplished on it
- The power given by it. What comes to mind when you think of the cross?
- Read 1 John 4:9, 2 Corinthians 5:15, and 1 Thessalonians 5:10. Real living is made possible through Christ. Jesus died that we might live through Him, for Him, and with Him. Discuss what each of these means and how you can apply this to your life and how it changes how you live.
- We learned today that Jesus’ death on the cross gives us the power to have victory over the flesh, the world, and the devil. Is there any one of these areas in particular where you are not seeing victory today? Does knowing that you already have the power over these things change how you will approach temptation in the future?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.