Sunday, August 30, 2020
Blinded, Part 2
On one side, one man couldn’t see beyond his own dire circumstances, while on the other side, an entire army was able to be distracted from their mission. Both had something in common… they were blinded to the way God was working out His plan all around them. And if we’re honest, we can find ourselves in this same position all too often.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Does my life point others to Jesus or away from them?
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Before you begin group discussion spend a few moments sharing what have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:3–4. How can a better understanding of the spiritual blindness that exists allow you to better express patience with those far from Jesus?
- How can unrealistic expectations hinder sharing the Gospel and reaching out to anyone who doesn’t know Christ?
- Think of someone hard for you to deal with. How can the grace that Jesus shows you help you show grace to those difficult for you to deal with?
- Read the final box in your notes. Where do we get caught into behavior modification rather than a life passionately transformed by Jesus?
- Doing what’s right is good, but how can behavior modification be negative as a Christian?
- What does it mean to fit Jesus into our narrative? What areas do most try to fit Jesus into a narrative rather than let Jesus/God’s Word be the standard? Does Jesus need to change you in any area?
- What impacted you the most from the Blinded series?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.