Sunday, August 23, 2020
Blinded, Part 1
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
On one side, one man couldn’t see beyond his own dire circumstances, while on the other side, an entire army was able to be distracted from their mission. Both had something in common… they were blinded to the way God was working out His plan all around them. And if we’re honest, we can find ourselves in this same position all too often.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
The God of the universe and the Bible is the same God that is complete control today.
Just because you can’t see Jesus doesn’t mean He is not there.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Before you begin group discussion spend a few moments sharing what have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- Read Ephesians 6:12. When you look at life do you see more than the here and now, do see the reality of a spiritual battle taking place? How can this proper perspective benefit one’s faith?
- Read 2 Kings 6:15. When the difficult times come, when you feel surrounded how do you typically respond? Do try to handle things on your own or revert to old ways?
- Danny talked often about not forgetting “Who’s we are.” When difficult times come what are ways to make sure we don’t forget this amazing truth?
- Israel often forgot how the Lord worked in their life, and so do we. How can past accomplishments of the Lord, in our lives, encourage us. How can Jesus’ victory on the cross and through the resurrection do the same?
- Read 2 Kings 6:17. How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
- Read Proverbs 27:17 and Hebrews 10:25. Who can you encourage, spur on, and sharpen this week?
- Is there any area you’re trying to carry your faith instead of your faith resting on Jesus? (Marriage, parenting, finances, health…)
- What ways can your group share and show Jesus to others this month? How will your group serve someone else?
- Just because you can’t see Jesus doesn’t mean He is not there. Discuss.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.