In This Series
- Developing a God-Given Burden for the Lost
- Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- When God Says “No”
- Each One… Reach One
- God With Us
- Finding Freedom
- Building a Legacy
- God Wants to Use YOU, Part 2
- God Wants to Use YOU
- One Woman’s Memorial
- A Tragic Ending
- An Indispensable Ingredient
- “They” Crucified Him
- Am I Willing?
- Another Touch
- Seven Days a Week
- Be Aware... and Prepared
- Do This in Remembrance of ME
- Boasting Permitted
- Living Intentionally
- The War of Wants
- A Goal for 2022
- Why the Virgin Birth Matters
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (31)
Sunday, March 13, 2022
Be Aware... and Prepared
Jesus Himself was tempted, but He didn’t go up against Satan on His own. He was armed with Scripture and completely submitted to His Father.
As believers, we need to be aware that temptation will happen to us… every single day. But it’s not enough to just be aware, we have to “Be Aware… and Prepared”.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Was there a verse or principle shared during this week’s message that resonated with you? If so, please share why.
- Pastor shared three areas in which we are tempted (from 1 John 2:16). Which of those is the biggest temptation for you?
- We know that Satan will try to trip us up if even Jesus Himself faced temptation. It’s critical that we prepare to go into battle every day against the enemy. Read Matthew 26:36 & 41. How did Jesus prepare for temptation and encourage the disciples to do so?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:13. God will not allow you to be tempted above what you can handle and will also provide an escape. Have you ever felt like you’ve battled something that you couldn’t handle? What escape has God offered?
- Ephesians 6:17 describes the Word of God as the “sword of the Spirit” which is the only offensive weapon described in the armor of God. How has the Word of God helped you fight off temptation? Share with your group a recent victory or failure over temptation. What does God’s word say about that specific area/temptation so you can rise above?
- Pastor described the principles of submission and spiritual fullness. God wants us to desire Him and His will above all things. Are there areas in your life that you haven’t surrendered? What is keeping you from giving those over to the Lord?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.