In This Series
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (33)
Sunday, July 05, 2020
Are You Going After It?
Three little words…“go after it.” But as simple as the instruction Joshua gave to the people of Israel was, he knew that it was imperative the people follow it… no matter what. And the reality is, God wants the same from us today.Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
With eyes fixed on Jesus and Him leading the way, “go after it!”
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you the most from the message?
- Have you ever run too far ahead of God or lagged too far behind Him? What did you miss from God during this time? Share.
- Read Joshua 3:3. In the notes, it says, “The key was not the possession, but the position of the Ark.” What is your life like when Jesus isn’t in the primary position as Lord over your life?
- Read Joshua 3:4. Has there been a time when God lead you where you’ve never been? How did He provide and lead you during this time? How did this time deepen your relationship with Him?
- In the notes, review, “Three things we don’t have to know.” Do you struggle with not knowing the “where”, “when”, and “why”? How can looking back at past moments where God has provided, along with Scripture like Psalm 119:89–91 help you trust God with the unknown?
- What helps you stay fixed on Jesus instead of the destination, challenges, or trial?
- Read Ecclesiastes 3:11. With God, timing is more important than time. How have you seen this play out in your life? Is there anything you are waiting on the Lord for right now? Share with your group and pray together as you wait on the Lord.
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.