In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
Stand-Alone Sermons (31)
Sunday, January 27, 2019
It’s more valuable than status, money, and power combined…it’s wisdom and it’s priceless. However, not just any wisdom will do. It’s biblical wisdom we must seek. What a privilege and resource to be able to receive wisdom from God, the Creator of the universe! But how do we obtain God’s wisdom? What’s the key? What’s the source? These questions and more are answered in today’s message called, “Anything.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
Wisdom is seeing life from God’s perspective.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- If you could ask for anything, what would it be?
- Describe the difference between knowledge and wisdom.
- How does Godly wisdom differ from wisdom the world values?
- Has there been a time where you had knowledge but didn’t practice wisdom in a particular situation?
- A simple definition of wisdom is: “Seeing life from God’s perspective”. Read Proverbs 2:1–7. Pastor Harrell mentioned that in order to acquire wisdom, we must position ourselves appropriately, pray for it fervently, and pursue it diligently. Where do you stand with each of those three things? Do you struggle with one in particular over the others?
- Getting into God’s Word consistently/daily is essential to acquiring wisdom. Can you share with your group some of the best tools or plans that you leverage to study God’s Word?
- How can your group keep you accountable to reading God’s Word? How can two or three people from group help you with this?
- In what area of your life do you need God’s wisdom today? Ask your group for you to pray for you in these areas and keep you accountable for seeking God’s wisdom.
- Wisdom protects us from sin. What verses have you leveraged in your own life to avoid sin/conquer temptation? How have you applied those in your life?
- When it comes to remembering God’s word, do you have any practical methods you use to help remember Scripture?
Ask God for a personal hunger to be hungry after His Word and a thirst to be thirsty for reading the Bible.