In This Series
- Developing a God-Given Burden for the Lost
- Preparing Today for the Judgement Seat
- Do this in remembrance of Me
- When God Says “No”
- Each One… Reach One
- God With Us
- Finding Freedom
- Building a Legacy
- God Wants to Use YOU, Part 2
- God Wants to Use YOU
- One Woman’s Memorial
- A Tragic Ending
- An Indispensable Ingredient
- “They” Crucified Him
- Am I Willing?
- Another Touch
- Seven Days a Week
- Be Aware... and Prepared
- Do This in Remembrance of ME
- Boasting Permitted
- Living Intentionally
- The War of Wants
- A Goal for 2022
- Why the Virgin Birth Matters
- Take the Opportunity
- How Does God Forgive Sin?
- America…Have We Forgotten?
- What Defines a Great Church?
- The Three Chairs
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (31)
Sunday, March 27, 2022
There are many believers who desperately need a second touch. Yes, they’re saved, on their way to Heaven, but that’s it.
The potential to be more for Jesus is there, but they’re not tapping into it. They’re content to do things God’s way on Sunday and then live the way they want to Monday–Saturday.
God wants so much more for us, but we are never going to be able to get there on our own. We’ve got to get real with ourselves, honestly admit we’re not living up to our God-given potential, and then ask our God for “Another Touch”.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- How has God spoken to your heart today? What is He calling you to do specifically? “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 What does it mean to have an abundant life in Jesus? As you self-reflect, do you feel you are living in the fullness of God? Why or why not?
- Following Jesus is not a part-time proposition. Does your life on Sunday look different from your life Monday–Saturday? If so, how? If not, how can you come alongside others to help them stay consistent?
- Pastor said the only Christ some people see is the Christ in you and me. Does this impact the way you live your life? Discuss.
- Pastor asked us to be transparently honest… do we live between the first and second touch; commuting between Egypt and Canaan? Discuss.
- How do you look at people as you walk down the street? Do you see people as Jesus sees people? Does your heart break for what breaks His? How can we improve in this area?
- Discuss the statement, “As long as you can live without it, you are going to”. Would you say that you are desperate for God’s second touch?
- How can/will our group be the hands and feet of Jesus to reach our community?
- Read 2 Corinthians 13:5. When you examine your faith (primarily your outlook on people based on this week’s message)… what do you see? What has the Lord revealed to you about your faith and how you see people?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week and what is God revealing to you?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you be praying for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.