In This Series
A Marked Life (4)
Sunday, November 13, 2022
Andrew & Philip
God used two of Jesus’ own disciples to give us a very important example of what a follower of Christ should be like. When Andrew and Philip met Jesus, they didn’t just follow after Him and keep it to themselves… they went and found others who needed to meet Jesus, too.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group, or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What resonated most with you from the message this Sunday?
- If you were to ask your spouse and/or friends what your life is marked by… Would they say you are following after Jesus?
- Read John 1:35–49. These verses illustrate the profoundness found in the simplicity of the disciples following Jesus and staying with Him. If you’re a believer, you’ve likely encountered situations in your work or personal life that made it difficult to remain with Jesus. Please share that situation with your group. How did you stay faithful, and what impacted your life or those around you?
- Pastor shared this quote from R. A. Torrey… “There is absolutely no such thing as following Christ unless you make the purpose of His life the purpose of your life.” What is the purpose of His life? Find Scripture supporting your responses and share with your life group. Based on your responses, are you following Christ?
- Fellowship with Jesus, while He was walking on earth looked different than it does for us today. Do you ever feel that it is difficult to have fellowship with someone who is not physically with you? How can our fellowship with Jesus today be as meaningful as it was for the disciples back then?
- As John 10:11 states, Jesus alone is the good shepherd. He allows us to preach the good news to the lost, but He alone can save them. Does telling others about Jesus feel more like a “duty,” or do you see it as an honor entrusted to you? How might your answer to this question alter how you interact with others daily?
- Read Romans 10:10 and verses 14–15. Pastor shared that the disciples went seeking and speaking. There’s a popular quote that says, “Preach the gospel at all times. And use words if necessary.” Why is that quote incomplete? How are you using both your actions and words to share the gospel and love of Christ with others?
- Who is the Lord calling you to share the gospel with or invite to church?
- Where are you reading in the Bible this week? What has God been revealing to you through your quiet time with Him?
- Discuss any struggles you may be going through with your group.
- How can you pray for your group this week? How can they be praying for you?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.