In This Series
America at a Crossroads (2)
Sunday, November 01, 2020
America at a Crossroads, Part 2
It happens every four years. Americans cast their vote for their choice as to who should be our nation’s president.
But perhaps this year, there’s reason to give it a little more prayerful thought. Because beyond the normal yard signs, the attack ads, the constant barrage of text messages from political parties… this one is just different.
This election, there’s a lot hanging in the balance. And while it’s easy to get caught up in personality, campaign promises, and how this all affects our bank account, that’s not the issue.
The issue is with God.
God doesn’t have a yard sign and He has never registered as a Republican or Democrat. But don’t for a second think that this election isn’t about Him. It is.
Because from the very beginning of time there have been non-negotiables with God, and when we cast our ballot this election, we better know where the candidate we are voting for stands on what matters to God.
Any way you look at it, this election is different. This election is a little heavier… a little more sobering. This election really does matter.
Because this election, America is at a Crossroads.
Take Away / Application
God wants us to make decisions and engage our culture with a Biblical worldview.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
As you discuss today’s message, individually and as a group, please be sure to walk in the Spirit and proceed with all grace and truth.
- Define and discuss what it means to have a “Biblical Worldview.”
- Read Psalm 33:12 and 20:7.
- Abraham Lincoln said, “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” What pitfalls come with asking God to be on our side?
- In light of the Scripture, you just read, discuss the importance of President Lincoln’s quote, not just in the face of a presidential election, but regarding daily life.
- Read Jeremiah 17:9, Mark 7:21, Romans 3:11–12, Proverbs 28:26. “Six out of seven born again Christians make decisions based on their feelings instead of God’s Word.” As a Christ-follower, why, according to God’s Word, is this approach dangerous? Read and discuss the remedy in Proverbs 3:5–6.
- What does it look like to engage our culture, yet do so with a biblical worldview and biblical truth?
Prayer and Accountability
- To stand on God’s Word and have a biblical worldview, we must be spending intimate time with the Lord through His Word. What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.