In This Series
America at a Crossroads (2)
Sunday, October 25, 2020
America at a Crossroads, Part 1
It happens every four years. Americans cast their vote for their choice as to who should be our nation’s president.
But perhaps this year, there’s reason to give it a little more prayerful thought. Because beyond the normal yard signs, the attack ads, the constant barrage of text messages from political parties… this one is just different.
This election, there’s a lot hanging in the balance. And while it’s easy to get caught up in personality, campaign promises, and how this all affects our bank account, that’s not the issue.
The issue is with God.
God doesn’t have a yard sign and He has never registered as a Republican or Democrat. But don’t for a second think that this election isn’t about Him. It is.
Because from the very beginning of time there have been non-negotiables with God, and when we cast our ballot this election, we better know where the candidate we are voting for stands on what matters to God.
Any way you look at it, this election is different. This election is a little heavier… a little more sobering. This election really does matter.
Because this election, America is at a Crossroads.
Take Away / Application
We must remember America’s past and how God is an integral part of our country’s foundation.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Read Judges 21:25. “10% of people say their faith affects how they live.” How much of your faith impacts the way you live? Is there any area of your life faith isn’t affecting how you live?
- As Christians, in what ways do we enjoy God’s blessings, yet fail to fully follow Him?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:5–9 and Judges 2:10. Whether married, single or empty nester, how can you live out Deuteronomy 6 and make sure Judges 2:10 does not take place? Is there anything that needs to change within your home?
- Read Matthew 7:24–27 and Isaiah 40:8. How do we protect ourselves from lowering our biblical standards?
- Is anyone or anything changing you other than Jesus Christ and the Word of God? (media, movies, music, celebrities, etc.) Discuss.
Prayer and Accountability
- What have you learned from your time in the Bible this week? How is it impacting your daily life?
- How is your prayer life? Are you spending quality time in prayer with the Lord?
“…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
—2 Chronicles 7:14
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.