In This Series
What is YOUR God like? (5)
Sunday, October 28, 2018
Take Away / Application
God never changes!
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What’s the biggest change that’s taken place in your life?
- What’s one thing you’d like to change about yourself right now?
- Read James 1:17, Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:8, Numbers 23:19. God does not change, how does that fact make you feel?
- Read Romans 3:10–12, Isaiah 53:6 and Ecclesiastes 7:20 to see how we truly are as humans.
- Do circumstances change your view God? Why is it dangerous to let circumstances and people define who God truly is?
- When we define or redefine God’s unchanging characteristics, nature or standards we remove God from being God and place our ever-changing selves in His role…essentially making ourselves a god. Discuss the dangers, inconsistencies and faultiness of this mentality in our society and within our lives. Don’t just point out the world’s issues examine your own heart.
- God is always love and always holy. Do you believe that you are loved by God? Share why and share specific examples on how God has personally loved you.
- How does your view of God’s love, mercy, forgiveness, holiness and righteousness impact your response to sin?
- Pastor mentioned that there are 4 ways that God calls. Can you provide an example of how God has used one of these in your life? How is He calling you today?