In This Series
- Nothing but the Blood
- God’s Plan… Fulfilled
- Spending Time with God
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (33)
Sunday, April 19, 2020
“All Things” Means “All Things”
It’s easy to flippantly quote “all things work together for good” when everything is going smooth. But when life throws us a curveball and we’re living in the midst of a storm, we can start to question if there is any way good can come out of bad. But here’s the thing… “All Things” Means “All Things.”Fill-in Notes
Take Away / Application
- I can completely trust God to govern my life.
- I can rest in God’s commitment to my life.
- I must stay focused on the end result of becoming like Jesus.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- “Anything that gets to us is either allowed or appointed by God.” Have you thought about things in your life this way? Discuss.
- “I can completely trust God to govern my life.” Focus on the word, “completely.” In what ways do we tend to give God just enough, but then pull back in certain areas?
- Is there an area of your life that you’re holding back and not allowing God to govern? Share.
- Even if you can’t see what God is doing, it doesn’t mean He’s not working. Share about a time when you didn’t think God was working but He was.
- Share about a time when God used a difficult or painful situation to work if for good in your life.
- The end result is for each believer to become more and more like Jesus. How is God shaping, conforming, and chiseling you, right now, to be more like His Son?
Questions about following Jesus?
Want to know how simple it is to have a relationship with Jesus? Interested in talking with someone about Jesus? Let us know below.