In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- Alert and Aware
- Your Greatest Encourager
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- The Power of One
Stand-Alone Sermons (51)
Sunday, March 01, 2020
Alert and Aware
The historical accounts of how things began in Genesis are extremely relevant to us today. In Genesis chapter three we see the fall of mankind, the enemy, and the missteps of Adam and Eve. There’s much to learn in just a few short verses that directly impacts us today. In this message, we become alert and aware of this biggest lie ever, along with the solution to overcoming our enemy, Satan.
Take Away / Application
May nothing else but the Word of God and the God of the Word do.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- The last time Pastor Cory preached, he talked about being brilliant in our daily time with God. Share with the group how this has played out over the past few months.
- Satan is crafty in the way he takes God’s positive commands and negatively rephrases them. He raises doubts and causes confusion. Share how this has been a struggle for you OR how you’ve found victory.
- Does the enemy ever whisper to you that God is withholding something good from you or that what God has said just isn’t true? In what ways has the enemy done this to you? If need be, as a group, search the Scriptures for the truth.
- Read 2 Corinthians 10:4–5. Is there anything in your life that is battling for superiority over God? Share and discuss with your group.
- In your notes, Pastor Cory mentioned three ways to ensure we reject anything that comes against the truth of God (Know, Believe, Act), which one do you need to work on the most?
- Read Romans 12:2. How can you begin or continue to renew your mind?