In This Series
- Clarifying the Confusion
- Our Good… His Glory
- When Life Makes No Sense
- Satan’s M.O.
- One Thing You CAN Control
- Three Questions You’ve Got to Get Right
- Responding to God’s Call
- The Journey
- It All Comes Down to This
- It Is Required…
- Are You Going After It?
- Trained By Grace
- What God Wants from You, Dad
- Is Good Good Enough?
- WHEN Adversity Comes
- Your Life… After Death
- When Adversity Meets God
- Unshakable Character
- The Battle That Rages
- “All Things” Means “All Things”
- Why There Had to be a Cross
- The Power of One
- A Question That Begs To Be Answered
- Your Greatest Encourager
- Alert and Aware
- 2020: How will you live it out?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
Stand-Alone Sermons (30)
Sunday, March 01, 2020
Alert and Aware
The historical accounts of how things began in Genesis are extremely relevant to us today. In Genesis chapter three we see the fall of mankind, the enemy, and the missteps of Adam and Eve. There’s much to learn in just a few short verses that directly impacts us today. In this message, we become alert and aware of this biggest lie ever, along with the solution to overcoming our enemy, Satan.
Take Away / Application
May nothing else but the Word of God and the God of the Word do.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- The last time Pastor Cory preached, he talked about being brilliant in our daily time with God. Share with the group how this has played out over the past few months.
- Satan is crafty in the way he takes God’s positive commands and negatively rephrases them. He raises doubts and causes confusion. Share how this has been a struggle for you OR how you’ve found victory.
- Does the enemy ever whisper to you that God is withholding something good from you or that what God has said just isn’t true? In what ways has the enemy done this to you? If need be, as a group, search the Scriptures for the truth.
- Read 2 Corinthians 10:4–5. Is there anything in your life that is battling for superiority over God? Share and discuss with your group.
- In your notes, Pastor Cory mentioned three ways to ensure we reject anything that comes against the truth of God (Know, Believe, Act), which one do you need to work on the most?
- Read Romans 12:2. How can you begin or continue to renew your mind?