In This Series
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is Jesus? Part 2
- Witness #1: John the Baptist
- Different Approaches… Same Results
- The First Miracle
- The Cleansing of the Temple
- The New Birth
- He Must Increase… What About You?
- Life’s Crucial Issue
- “Learning from the Master” Part 1
- “Learning from the Master” Part 2
- “Learning from the Master” Part 3
- A Portrait of Genuine Faith
- A Miracle Performed… A Murder Planned
The Book of John (14)
Sunday, February 23, 2020
A Portrait of Genuine Faith
Take Away / Application
Genuine faith is evident when we:
- Humble ourselves and ask Jesus for help.
- Are persistent in pursuing Jesus.
- Walk in faith believing the God of the Word.
- Are unashamed to share our faith with others.
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
Keep your Bible open to John 4:43–54 throughout group discussion.
- What impacted you the most from today’s message?
- Name some things that we exercise faith in daily?
- Have you ever put your faith in something or someone that failed you? Share.
- Read John 4:47, 49. When you find yourself in difficult times, how often do you pray? Share a praise that’s come from a time you went to the Lord in prayer.
- Share about a difficult or painful experience that drove you to Jesus? How did that experience build or strengthen your faith in God?
- Have there been times in your life when you chose not to turn to God to help you through difficult times? What are some reasons why people do not turn to God in times of difficulty?
- What lessons have you learned about God by turning to Him in times of trial and adversity?
- Do you trust in God and His Word even when you don’t see immediate results or the results you expected? How can Isaiah 55:8–9 and Romans 8:28 help us in these moments?
- Do you believe God left you here to be a soul-winner? How, naturally and relationally, can you become more vocal about your faith?
This week, intentionally make plans to have coffee, lunch, or dinner with someone to further a conversation about Jesus.