In This Series
- Need To Know
- Forecast: 2017, Part 1
- Forecast: 2017, Part 2
- Forecast: 2017, Part 3
- Setbacks and Failures
- What Must I Do To Be Saved?
- Communion Service
- What Crucified the Lord Jesus?
- Philippians 2:1–11
- Your Best Route
- Out of the Pew: Developing Authentic Friendships
- Out of the Pew: Into a Group
- What If?
- What Difference Does It Make?
- Unique Love
- The Value of Time Alone
- How Ya Livin’?
- Of First Importance
- Welcoming Pilira Chibwana
- A Story Of Two Sons
- Everybody Wants to Change the World, but…
- Welcoming Tom Thompson of The Refuge
- It’s AMAZING!
- The Race of Your Life
- It Will Consume You
- It Will Paralyze You
- Can God Use You?
- Present, Prominent or Preeminent
- Search and Rescue
- Why Baptism?
- When’s the Last Time?
- Here’s the Evidence! Now, what will YOU do with it?
- NOW & LATER
- What About When You’ve Blown It?
- Ten Principles I’ve Lived By as a Parent
- The Mission
- The Best Gift
- 2020: How will you pray?
- 2020: How will you approach God’s Word?
- 2020: How will you live it out?
Stand-Alone Sermons (47)
Sunday, January 12, 2020
2020: How will you live it out?
Director of Young Adults & Assimilation
Whether spring training in baseball or training camp in football, the most elite athletes return to the basics before embarking on their season. With a new year ahead, many reset, refocus and recalibrate their lives for the year ahead. And just like athletes, the Christian life is centered on the basics; the basics of prayer and time in God’s Word. The question is, how will you live it out?
Take Away / Application
The way I choose to live my life makes an eternal impact…not just for myself, but also countless others.Fill-in Notes
Don’t be afraid to add to this list, skip questions that don’t work for your group or branch off with additional questions as the discussion unfolds. Conversation is key! This is the time to work through the application of scripture and have group members figure things out together.
- Danny shared a story about putting together an Ikea shelf. Have you tried to put together something without instructions? Share how it went.
- Doing life apart from prayer and God’s Word is like assembling life without an instruction manual. Compare the times you’ve allowed God’s Word to direct your life versus the times you have not.
- Danny shared, “If you’re away from Jesus, it didn’t just happen yesterday.” What are things that tend to pull you away from Jesus?
- Read Hebrews 12:1–2. Currently, is there anything weighing you down or ensnaring you? If there is, apply 1 John 1:9 and Matthew 11:28–30.
- How does the truth of Jesus being the “author and finisher of our faith” impact you?
- For you, what does a life of pursuing Jesus look like? If this has been a struggle, forget about the past and start with today.
- Share with the group how your prayer and time in God’s Word was this week?
- Who is a friend, neighbor, coworker, etc. that you will make an eternal impact on this year? Pray, act and allow your group to hold you accountable for investing in those named.