Let’s Get Real!
18 Part Series
It’s easy to fall into a routine in our Christian life. Go to church, hear the message… read the Bible, pray… repeat. Before we know it, we’ve put ourselves on cruise control and are just coasting through life. But the Bible is the Living Word of God. It’s more than just words on pages written thousands of years ago. It’s meant to bring change in our lives… every aspect of our life.
The book of James is just five short chapters, but in these chapters, James packs a serious punch. It’s meant to be a gut-check… a spiritual measuring stick. The chapters are simple to read, but intense when it comes to putting it into practice.
Because the book of James confronts our comfortable routine and shows us that’s not enough.
It’s as though James is saying “You’ve got Sunday down pat, now how are you doing Monday through Saturday?” He addresses the issues we deal with every single day. Temptation, pride, our words, favoritism, works… he lays it all out and asks us to take a close look at our lives and be honest. How do you measure up?
If we let it, this book will allow us to truly see how we measure up and begin to bring about the change that God desires. Because God wants more than just our Sunday… He wants our everything.
Wallpapers for your devices
These are helpful—not just to remind you to pray for Pastor Harrell as he prepares—but also as a conversation starter when a co-worker or friends sees the wallpaper on one of your screens.
- Sep 23, 2018 Our Common Ministry
- Sep 16, 2018 Utmost Importance
- Aug 26, 2018 What Do You Do?
- Aug 19, 2018 Perhaps Today!
- Aug 05, 2018 Derailing Your Purpose in Life
- Jul 29, 2018 Practical Atheism
- Jul 22, 2018 A Fresh Stirring
- Jul 15, 2018 Spiritual Adultery!
- Jul 08, 2018 Misdirected Passion
- Jul 01, 2018 What Do You Want The Most?
- Jun 03, 2018 It’s So Very Dangerous
- May 20, 2018 Clearing Up the Confusion
- May 13, 2018 A Word of Caution
- May 06, 2018 Superficiality Condemned
- Apr 29, 2018 Diligence Required
- Apr 22, 2018 Dangerously Deceiving
- Apr 15, 2018 Something Desperately Needed
- Apr 08, 2018 Trouble in the Forecast