Who are the people who trek through the ups and downs of life with you…who encourage you to grow spiritually…who serve with you…who celebrate with you?
God never intended us to live the Christian life alone. We’re called to love one another and encourage one another, not abstractly or superficially, but in a personal, life-on-life way. The early church modeled this for us in Acts 2:42–47.
When we get together with people on a consistent basis to study the Bible together, pray together, and fellowship together, we grow in our relationship with Jesus, looking more like Him.
Connecting in a Small Group is…
- Understanding the Bible better through group discussion as you apply the Bible to your own personal situations
- Engaging in authentic community with other believers who will walk beside you in your journey as a Christ follower
- Finding support from people who genuinely know and care for you during challenging times.
- Praying for one another on a consistent basis
- Moving from a row into a circle where you are known and get to know others
- Demonstrating to the next generation the importance of living out the “one another” verses in Scripture