Mystery Island VBS
On Mystery Island prepare to be thrilled from the top of your sun-drenched head to the tip of your sandy toes as we explore an intriguing and mysterious tropical paradise while tracking down the one true God.
- Day 1 God is Great! – As we stop in Acts 17 and find a city full of idols, we’ll hunt for clues about our great God, and discover we must have the right view of him. We can’t make up a god of our own choosing.
- Day 2 God is Almighty! – Our mighty God knows everything, is everywhere and has the power to do anything. As we study the account of Jonah, we’ll oooohhh and aaahhh as we focus on the three big Os of God—his omniscience, his omnipotence, and his omnipresence.
- Day 3 God is Ruler! – We’ll check in with Isaiah and realize God is not like us. Our minds will be blown away by his vastness, beauty, and holiness.
- Day 4 God is Emmanuel! – God is high and mighty, Lord of all creation. And yet, he also came to earth (Emmanuel means “God with us”) and desires a relationship with the people he has made. He is good and he loves us.
- Day 5 God is Trustworthy! – With the account of David, we’ll learn that God is great, God is good, and God is perfect in all things, so we can trust him with our lives. He is our Rock.
From the minute our islanders arrive at Mystery Island, they’ll find fun waiting to happen. The day begins at the Islander Assembly, a supercharged opening complete with entertaining welcomes, rockin’ songs, a mission moment, and prayer. Then we’re off to four fun rotation sites:
Four Fun Rotation Sites
- Lighthouse Lessons, the teaching time. Here, islanders will track down truths about the one true God and discover he’s a priceless treasure.
- Tropical Treats, the snack spot. Islanders will enjoy island eatables at this yummy spot.
- Ride the Tide Games, the recreation location. At this spot, islanders attempt fun surf and sand challenges.
- Deep Sea Science and Crafts, electrifying science experiments to explore and creative crafts to invent.
After finishing the day’s rotations, everyone heads back to the Islander Assembly for the closing that includes more singing, a Creature Feature, contest results, and the greatly anticipated daily drama, which is a highlight of the kids’ day.
Two Convenient Sessions
- Morning (9am–Noon)
- Evening (6:15–9pm)
So grab your beach tote and let’s head out for some fun in the sun at Mystery Island.
Answers to questions we know you’re asking as you prepare your child for Mystery Island VBS.
If you call Northwest home, we look forward to serving alongside you June 17–21!