Time Lab VBS 2017
Wouldn’t it be the coolest thing ever to travel back in time and witness epic events in history? Imagine the thrill of meeting great heroes of the faith like Moses, Mary or Paul. Or the fun of experiencing life in ancient cultures like Egypt, Greece or Rome. Or the fascination of watching famous inventors make discoveries that change the world.
But imagine traveling through time and meeting the most important, unique man ever—a man who was not just a man, but also God. A man who turned the world upside-down. A man who existed outside of time.
Well, get ready to do just that as we embark on Time Lab, the all new, out-of-this-world Vacation Bible School June 12–16, 9am–Noon or 6:15–9pm.
Word of the Day focusing on Jesus
We’ll use some words beginning with “C” to help us remember that Jesus, our forever faithful, loving, caring, promise keeping, trustworthy Lord, has been with us always!
- Day 1 Creation: Did you know the Son of God never started but has always been? (MIND BLOWN!) Yeah, we’ll talk about where He was before time and where He was at Creation. (Hint: Did you know He was not only at Creation, but was actively creating?)
- Day 2 Christophany: Big word, we know. But a cool word the kids will love learning that reminds them the Son of God didn’t start as a babe in a manger, but has been around forever, actively involved in every person and every event throughout history. Won’t it be fun to show them the Lord in the pages of the Old Testament?
- Day 3 Cradle to Cross: Here’s where Jesus is actually given the name “Jesus.” And here’s where He lives, dies, and comes back to life. It’s the most epic story that ever has been and ever will be, because it means that because of Him, we can live forever, too. It’s gonna be amazing to share how that’s possible, isn’t it?
- Day 4 Clouds: Okay, so after Jesus rose again, where did He go? On vacation? No way! Did you know He’s actively working on our behalf as He sits at the right hand of God the Father, interceding for us, protecting His Church, and preparing a place for His children? Wow, no HGTV man- sion will compare with what He has planned!
- Day 5 Crown: And, yowza! We’ll end our tour through time at the new heaven and new earth, where Jesus and His children will live together in the most amazing place of all time. Whatever your best day ever has been, this will blow it away—every day!
Wow, if that doesn’t get you excited, what does? And boy, excitement will be running high from the very first minute our time travelers arrive at Time Lab. They’ll start their day at the Atomic Assembly with a super-charged opening complete with entertaining welcomes, rockin’ songs, a mission moment, and prayer.
Then we’re off to four fun rotation sites:
- Simulation Station, the teaching time. Here, time travelers discover Jesus throughout all the pages of the Bible, and realize He’s a joy and a thrill to find.
- Bits and Bytes Snacks, the snack spot. Time travelers will enjoy having a “byte” to eat of this yummy brain food!
- Quantum Leap Games, the recreation location. At this spot, time travelers realize every nanosecond counts as they race against time and encounter fun physical challenges and games from ancient (and not so ancient) time periods.
- Inventors’ Science and Crafts, the science, craft, music, mission, and memory verse spot. This location features a wide array of activities to choose from: electrifying science experiments to explore, creative crafts to invent, high energy songs to sing, fun memory verse games to play, and an additional mission time to investigate (for those who want to spend more time than is given during the Assembly).
After finishing the day’s rotations, everyone heads back to the Atomic Assembly for the closing that includes more singing, a Creature Feature, contest results and the greatly anticipated daily drama, which is a highlight of the kids’ day. The drama features a lovable, quirky inventor tinkering in his lab as he works on his most important invention—his time machine. Will he get it to work? Will it go back in time? Forward in time? Many laughs abound and adventures await in this wacky and entertaining drama.
Time sure will fly while we’re having fun. So head this way and get ready to launch into hyperdrive as we take off for Time Lab! Let’s go!
FAQs for Time Lab VBS
Answers to questions we know you’re asking as you prepare your child Time Lab VBS.
Volunteer for VBS
If you call Northwest home, we look forward to serving alongside you June 12–16!
Past Vacation Bible Schools
- 2017 – June 12–16
- 2016 – Operation Arctic
- 2015 – Ocean Commotion
- 2014 – Camp Kilimanjaro
- 2013 – The International Spy Academy
- 2012 – The Kingdom Chronicles
- 2011 – IncrediWorld Amazement Park
- 2010 – Gold Rush
- 2009 – The Egypt File
- 2008 – Operation Space