The Incredible Race VBS 2018
A race. But not just any race. A race filled with fun clues to find. A race loaded with interesting challenges to attempt. A race around the world that’s a global scavenger hunt like you’ve never seen.
At the same time, it’s about another race. A race that began at the Garden of Eden and continues until this day. A race made up of all people from all time. What race? The human race.
As we move from continent to continent in The Incredible Race Vacation Bible School, we’ll make pit stops at various times before, at and after the hugely important Tower of Babel incident and see how it greatly matters today.
Daily Pit Stops
- Day 1 Before Babel – As the race starts, we explore the beginning of the human race and how nobody was running a perfect race through life.
- Day 2 At Babel – On this leg of the race, we stop at the Tower of Babel to check out the important and loving roadblock God provides there.
- Day 3 After Babel – On leg 3, we see how the human race develops into people groups with different languages, cultures, and physical features, but how we are still one race.
- Day 4 Babel and the Gospel – On our fourth leg, we discover the need to yield our lives to God as he reaches out to all nations, tribes, peoples, and languages with his love.
- Day 5 Why Babel Matters Today – On the final leg, we learn lessons from Babel, realizing because God loves us, we also ought to treat others with love and respect, not prejudice and judgment.
From the minute our racers arrive at The Incredible Race, they’ll find fun waiting to happen! The day begins at the Check Point Assembly, a supercharged opening complete with entertaining welcomes, rockin’ songs, a mission moment and prayer.
Off to Four Fun Sites
- Refueling Station, the teaching time. Here, as racers receive clues and accept challenges, they’ll discover the Tower of Babel account isn’t just ancient history, but incredibly important to how we live today.
- Runway Cafe, the snack spot. Racers will enjoy global goodies at this yummy spot while completing food-related challenges.
- Globetrotting Games, the recreation location. At this spot, racers attempt fun physical challenges of international proportions.
- World-Class Science and Crafts, the science, craft, music, mission, and memory verse spot. This location features a wide array of activities to choose from: electrifying science experiments to explore, creative crafts to invent, high-energy songs to sing, fun memory verse games to play, and mission time to investigate (for those who want to spend more time than is given during the Assembly).
After finishing the day’s rotations, everyone heads back to the Check Point Assembly for the closing that includes more singing, a Creature Feature, contest results, and the greatly anticipated daily drama, which is a highlight of the kids’ day. The drama features a team on The Incredible Race who is flying to the next race location, only to crash in the jungles of Central America at an ancient step pyramid (ziggurat). Many funny adventures and epic lessons occur at this unexpected roadblock.
Two Convenient Sessions
- Morning (9am–Noon)
- Evening (6:15–9pm)
So grab your gear and get ready for the race of a lifetime as we embark on The Incredible Race. On your mark, get set, go!
Answers to questions we know you’re asking as you prepare your child The Incredible Race VBS.
If you call Northwest home, we look forward to serving alongside you June 18–22!