Time Of Prayer For Our Nation
This Saturday, we’ll have the Worship Center open from 12–2pm for our church family to come and pray. This time is open for you to come and go, whether you choose to come on your own or with a group. While you are here, we will have a prayer guide available that will help focus your prayer time as we boldly pray for our nation.
“…Lord heeded the prayers for the land…” —2 Samuel 24:25
Prayer Focus Points
These prayer focus points will coincide with each of the prayer stops in Saturday’s prayer march along the Washington Mall.
1. Lincoln Memorial
Focus: Humbling ourselves in repentance and asking God to forgive our sins and heal our land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 – …if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
- Acts 3:19 – Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
- Proverbs 14:34 – The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding He established the heavens;
2. WWII Memorial
Focus: Our military, police, and other law enforcement, and their families—and security and peace for our nation.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.
- Proverbs 21:15 – It is a joy for the just to do justice, but destruction will come to the workers of iniquity.
- Matthew 5:9 – Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
3. Washington Monument
Focus: Salvation of the lost, renewed strength in our families, solutions to the coronavirus, and an end to abortion.
- John 16:8 – And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
- Proverbs 6:16–19 – These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren.
- 1 John 1:9 – if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
4. White House
Focus: President Trump and Vice President Pence and their families.
- Psalm 21:7 – or the king trusts in the Lord, and through the mercy of the Most High he shall not be moved.
- 1 Chronicles 16:11 – seek the Lord and His strength; seek His face evermore!
- Psalm 21:1 – The king shall have joy in Your strength, O Lord; and in Your salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
5. National Museum of African American History and Culture
Focus: Compassion and kindness toward one another, respect and reconciliation between races, and healing in communities torn by violence and injustice.
- Acts 17:26–27 – And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
- 1 Peter 3:8–9 – Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
- Ephesians 4:2–3 – with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
6. National Archives
Focus: Religious freedom… and for churches to have the boldness to stand firm with the Word of God, and to preach Jesus Christ in a troubled world.
- Acts 4:29–30 – Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.
- Luke 10:2–3 – Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.
- 2 Corinthians 2:14 – Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
7. U.S. Capitol
Focus: Our Congress, leaders at the national, state, and local levels, the Supreme Court, and judges across our nation.
- Proverbs 8:14–16 – Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength. By me kings reign, and rulers decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, all the judges of the earth.
- Deuteronomy 16:18 – You shall appoint judges and officers in all your gates, which the Lord your God gives you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with just judgment.
- 2 Samuel 23:3 – The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me: ‘He who rules over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.
- Jude 1:24–25 – Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to God our Savior, Who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.