Keepers of the Kingdom VBS 2022
It’s knight time! Time to lower the drawbridge, open the gate, and charge into a world brimming with kings and kingdoms, majestic castles, fire-breathing dragons, and epic battles. Amidst the pages of Keepers of the Kingdom: Standing Strong in the Battle for Truth, the knights and fair maidens will learn how to be a part of God’s kingdom and wear the armor of God. Our Royal Majesty’s kingdom is under attack, and we must prepare for battle June 20–24, 9am–Noon or 6–9pm!
- Day 1: The Two Kingdoms – We will discover there are just two kingdoms—the kingdom of light versus the kingdom of darkness. One is ruled by the good King, Creator God. The other is ruled by the enemy, Satan.
- Day 2: The Belt – We must decide our side. Those who become citizens of God’s good kingdom need to wear the armor of God daily, starting with the belt of truth that helps us have an unshakable trust in God’s Word, and live as truthful people.
- Day 3: The Breastplate and Shoes – The breastplate helps God’s children put on Christ’s righteousness and grow in right living. The shoes show us we can be at peace with God, which helps us stand firm in our Christian convictions and share Jesus with others.
- Day 4: The Shield and Helmet – The shield and helmet protect us from the enemy’s attacks—wrong thinking, discouragement, and deception. We will learn to discern!
- Day 5: The Sword and Prayer – The sword of the Spirit is the word of God, which helps us train our brains to know, memorize, love, and obey God’s Word. And as we battle, we must pray!
Excitement and adventure await from the first minute of each day when kids meet in their traveling troupes. The troupes gather at the Apprentices’ Assembly in the Great Hall for the opening, a high-energy beginning that includes wacky intros, lively songs, a missions moment, and prayer.
It’s then off to rotate through four fun sites:
- Truth Lessons in the Keep, where God’s Word is taught in hands-on ways;
- Kieran’s Crafts and Science in the Courtyard, where kids are bedazzled making special craft and science creations of their own;
- Tessa’s Treats in the Town, where kids can feast on tantalizing treats and eats;
- Griffin’s Games on the Green, where there are plenty of Old World games with new fun twists.
Finally, everyone heads back to the Apprentices’ Assembly in the Great Hall for the closing, where there’s more singing, contest results, and the highly anticipated daily drama. This is situated in the royal chambers and features some regal (and not so regal) characters who are engaged in a classic battle between good and evil.
So prepare to step back in time, embark on the journey, and partake of one royally fun time!
Answers to questions we know you’re asking as you prepare your child for Keepers of the Kingdom.
If you call Northwest home, we look forward to serving alongside you June 20–24!
Contribute Snacks & Crafts
Your donated items will be transformed into memorable keepsakes and themed snacks that reinforce the truths kids learn at VBS!